Friday, December 5, 2008

Decorating the Tree

We bought our artificial Christmas tree our first Christmas together, because the real ones were too expensive for us. When we pulled out the box this year I noticed the price was still on it, $16.96! What a bargain tree to have lasted us six years now, I really want to get a pre-lit one but how can I part with a tree that holds so many memories and was so cheap, I'm pretty sure I'll find a way if the price is right.

The other day Addie and I put together our Christmas tree and decorated it. Technically as I was putting on the ornaments Addie was trying to take them off just as fast. She thinks all of the round ornaments are bouncy balls. Once the tree was up I told her she could not pass the line where the tree skirt began, she ignored me completely and crawled under the tree to her new secret hideout. It doesn't matter how many times I tell her or the way I tell her not to touch the tree she cannot resist, this is going to be a fun season.

9 comments:

Warner said...

Addie is so funny! i can just picture her little smirk when you ask her not to touch the tree and then she sneaks over and does it... haha! I'm sure we are going to have many christmas tree decoration casualties this year too... oh well.. it's friday morning and i wish you were going on the walk with me today... i am going to tai pan and it's just not the same without you and addie! have fun this weekend in zion you lucky little family!

Jess said...

You got a serious steal on your Christmas tree. Love the decorations, very cute! Good luck with Addie!

Mick and Tiff said...

$16.96! Can't beat that price! That is too funny with Addie. I bought all the makings for a real tree last year and now that it is time to use the decor and put the tree up I am having second thoughts. hmmm... Cute little girl even if she doesn't listen. (sounds like my Addy!)

stephanie said...

Now you're making me second guess whether or not to get a tree ... cute new blog design!

Brad and Kaci said...

That's a sweet price for the christmas tree. I not sure where you found it but nice job!!!! Love it!

Karley said...

I like your tree! Decorating for Christmas totally changes when you have a "special helper" -huh!

Michelle said...

Since my little one is now crawling nothing is safe and I am still debating if I will put up my tree or not this year. I am thinking I will do it a couple of days before Christmas so there will be less time for him to get into trouble!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

It looks great! I am not allowed to have a fake tree. Olivia is actually doing pretty good with it so far.

Lauren B. said...

Your tree looks great. We are having similar struggles keeping our boys out of the tree. I actually took all my ornaments off. Am I scrooge or what? I might put them back up on Dec. 23!