Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hiking the Narrows

Last weekend my sister and her family were here to visit for their spring break. We had a lot of fun hanging out, swimming, and exploring Pioneer Park. I kept forgetting to take the camera with me and then when we did have the camera we only got pictures of us, what a bust. Over by Pioneer Park (which is on top of the red rocks above downtown St. George) there is a place called the Narrows as shown in the picture below: You hike through the crack in the rocks, not kidding. Andrew and I did this when we were first married and I vowed never to do it again. We wanted my sister's kids to have the opportunity though. I considered going again until I got up to it again and then the memories came flooding back and I turned around, plus I had to watch Addie. I think everyone had a good time those who made it through. Addie had so much fun just exploring and climbing everywhere. She has no fear or probably no concept of heights.


3 comments:

Jenny said...

That makes me anxious just looking at that crack, I hate heights!! Addie is going to be an outdoor lover!

Lauren B. said...

You guys do the coolest hikes! You impress me - even if you didn't do the narrows. I'm not sure I would have either. The rocks are so beautiful! I can't wait to get back to Southern Utah again for a visit.

stephanie said...

The picture of you and Addie is darling! I'm jealous of your warm weather - it is raining, raining, raining here.