Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Family Reunion

Last weekend we went to a family reunion with all of Andrew's family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) in Hyrum, Utah. It was so cold and we were not prepared for the freezing weather. As we were driving through Sardine Canyon a sign said, "caution winter conditions ahead"! I forgot how cold it can be up in northern Utah. We had fun visiting Logan before the reunion started, we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant - Formosa, they have the best tiny spicy chicken. The reunion was at a park and Addie had the time of her life playing outside for hours. There was this huge slide she kept climbing up and sliding down, it was fun to watch her. You can kind of see us in the picture, we are at the top of the slide. I went down with her the first few times and then she wanted to go all on her own.


We barely survived the long trip, Addie doesn't love to be in her car seat. She was usually happy if she was being entertained or consuming some sort of food.
But most of the ride was more like this:
After the reunion we had to visit A&W in Logan so Andrew could satisfy his A&W cravings. It is the only A&W we will go to, because it is the best. The ones connected to KFC just don't cut it. We had a fun time at the reunion, but hope that next time it is a little bit warmer.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Steve and I looooove Formosa!!! We miss the tiny spicy chicken and whenever we get a chance to go to Logan we always get it.

stephanie said...

Winter weather conditions?? Crazy! I bet that felt great coming from St. George. I'm impressed that Addie would do that slide on her own - it's huge! I would love to know what you did to entertain Addie in the car - I'm starting to worry about our 11-hour car ride next week to the beach. Eeeek! Hugh cries whenever we approach a car!

Jess said...

I had no idea you guys had family from Logan! I am from Logan... And Formosa? Come on, what about Mandrin Garden? That's my favorite place to get Tiny Spicy chicken. But I do have to agree with Andrew on A&W, it really is the best.

Michelle said...

The weather here has been crazy! It seems like it has been really cold this spring/early summer, but I think it is probably about normal. We just forget that this is what Utah weather is like. Cute pictures. We considered driving to California this summer, but I don't know if I could handle that long of a trip with a little one in the car seat! I imagine Ian would be like Addie...bored and fussy!

Jenny said...

Funny, Steve and I are always saying that all the good restaurants are in Logan, or maybe it's just now that we have kids, we don't eat out anymore.

The Gag-nears said...

Garth is also obsessed with A&W - but only the one in Logan. go figure. Addie is so cute! Sounds like you guys had fun. We want to see you guys sometime soon. We miss you!