Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Birthday Trip

A few months ago I started hinting to Andrew that a trip to Disneyland would be so fun for my birthday...and it was so fun!!!  We lucked out by staying at my sister's house and getting discount park hopper tickets from a lady at Andrew's work.  The weather was great, the drive was long, the girls loved most of the trip, and I wish we were still there :)
We stopped in Vegas for dinner at Raising Cane's, Izze piled all of this food onto her napkin to eat. 
We went to Ruby's Diner for my birthday lunch, so yummy and fun!  They even sang to me and gave me a hat to wear.
Walking down the pier back to the beach
Addie and her cousin at Newport Beach
Playing in the waves and sand
Oh I love this place :)
Izze loved the carousel at California Adventure, she could not get enough of it.
Disneyland on my birthday, yay!!!  We didn't take many pictures this day, too much fun.
We stayed to see Color of Wonder only to have it stop working after 2 minutes :(, so bummed.  Addie fell asleep on Andrew's shoulder as we were walking back to the car.
Izze was wide awake and yelling most of the walk back to the car, then fell instantly asleep.
Izze wanted nothing to do with the water, which was fine by me, she loved playing in the sand and sitting on the towels.
Addie loved the beach until it was time to go and she had to be cleaned up, her current opinion of the beach is that she never wants to go back, oh that will just have to change!
Addie and Izze loved playing with their cousins and having freedom to play outside whenever they wanted to since the weather was so pleasant.  We had such a fun trip, I'm already trying to figure out when we can go back!!!

5 comments:

The Sants said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun place to celebrate! Tell Steph 'hi' for me next time you talk to her. :)

Warner said...

so should we draw names to see who buys the surburban so we can road trip together?! i love that izze just wanted to sit by you on the beach because that is exactly how mia was... and then that addie hated the cleaning off time.. again same as maddie... and lastly on the next post when you said that addie dresses up ALL the time!!! oh yes.. my daughter has only one outfit that is up to her standards and it is blue and includes sparkling sequins in the design and lately has been worn with the arm bands and headband as well.... oh these silly girls are seriously meant for each other :) also happy birthday!!! expect something in the mail soon :) i haven't forgotten about you but i HAVE been a total slacker!!! love ya!

Heather said...

That is funny that you were there a week after we went. I think that is the best birthday present ever. Jason told me that I am a Disneyland Nazi because I made sure we were there from open to close. I love that place!! We also went to Newport beach and I forgot our beach towels so I had to clean Parker off with my jacket. Not so fun.

Natalie said...

What a FUN birthday! I love Disneyland! You lucky girl!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

next time we're going together!