Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Festivities

We had my family Christmas party the weekend before Christmas. We had a yummy dinner, of course. Then the kids decorated Christmas trees, had a talent show where Addie wore her cape, that her friend Maddie's Grandma made for her, and did a little wiggle dance that I later figured out she learned from "Dora". We played a white elephant game and we had a goodie table where Addie decided to plop herself in front of and enjoy herself!My cute niece made all of these fun cork board displays for us, I am so excited to use it, thanks Tess!We started doing a family exchange this year and we each drew names. Addie drew Izze's name and loved picking out a toy for her, although I think she wanted the toy more :) Andrew and I ended up getting each other the same thing, just a different design--Adidas beanies since it so cold up here!
We were excited to spend Christmas together in our new home. I was especially excited for Addie's Santa present, it was so fun to set up and get ready. Although I was sick on Christmas with some sort of stomach flu, we still had a good day. When Addie woke up and came to the top of the stairs to see the dollhouse, she said "Oh thank you thank you". She was so excited and was so appreciative of all the presents she opened. Her favorite is the family van that goes with the dollhouse, the doors open and it plays music, what more could a little girl ask for. Unfortunately since I wasn't feeling well we don't have very many pictures, bummer :(

3 comments:

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

You may not have felt well, but your hair looks great. I love your cut! Miss you guys. It's just not the same without you.

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas...you look awesome especially for being sick!!

Mick and Tiff said...

I thought about that dollhouse for Addy. Now I am thinking I should have since Addie loves it so much. hmm... oh well, I guess next year. Glad you had an enjoyable Christmas even if it meant a sick belly for a bit...