Sunday, August 9, 2009

"The Suitcase"

It's crazy to think Izze is almost two weeks old, I'm not sure where the time goes but the days seem to fly by with a newborn. When we left the hospital Izze's bilirubin levels were elevated and so we had to have her blood drawn on Saturday and Sunday to find out that she needed to be in the "suitcase" with the bili lights. We had to leave her under the lights all day and all night for two days, she could only be out for feedings. It was a long two days and I am so glad my Mom and Andrew could have the energy to stay up all night to watch her. She finally rebelled Tuesday morning around 3:00 am and wouldn't sit still under the lights so we called it quits for the night. Her levels finally dropped on Friday and so we don't have to have her blood drawn anymore, thank goodness.Addie has loved helping to take care of her sister. She always wants to hold her and help feed her the bottle. Addie is always smothering her with kisses and lately has helped to burp her by patting her back-sometimes a little to forceful.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Anna.. that is the worst..not being able to hold your new precious little one. I'm sorry I haven't been by to see her..just wasn't sure what a good time to come would be. text me next time you are awake for a few minutes so we can come say hi.. the girls are dying to see izze. she is adorable. hope to see you soon:) miss you

Peay Family said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you have two beautiful girls!! I can't believe I am going to have two kids! Life just moves along way to fast!

Bundy Family said...

What cute pictures of your two daughters.

Jess said...

What a great big sister Addie is! You're girls are so cute!

Warner said...

oh... izze, i bet you are so happy to be out of the suitcase!! that would be hard anna... i can't wait to hold that little sweetie again :) we are having fun in cali.. but missing you guys! maddie will be thrilled to reunite with addie soon :)

stephanie said...

I love that last picture - Addie looks so proud. I hope the helpfulness lasts. :)

Lauren B. said...

Those two girls are beautiful!! Congrats!