Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cookie Fiasco

The other day I had an urge to make chocolate chip cookies, I'm not sure why since it only makes our house hotter to turn on the oven, but whatever. I enlisted Addie's help and she had fun helping me dump the ingredients into the bowl. We mixed all the liquid and sugar items together without incident. We then added the flour and that's where it all went downhill. Addie wanted to start the mixer and so I let her, but I had forgotten to raise the bowl and flour went flying. I quickly stopped the mixer and raised the bowl thinking we were fine. Addie turned on the mixer again, but to speed 10! We were not fine, flour went flying again and it was everywhere. It sprayed all over Addie and she was so distraught wondering what had happened and why she had flour on her face and arms. She kept saying "sorry mama", but I had to tell her it wasn't her fault and she said "not my fault?" in a very surprised voice. We finally finished making the cookies and they turned out pretty good and Addie enjoyed taking a bath after to remove all the flour.

4 comments:

Peay Family said...

Ohh, cookies and an adventure all in one. I'm sorry I missed it!

stephanie said...

I love the look on Addie's face in the last picture ... definitely a "got caught eating the cookie dough" face. It's so sweet that she kept apologizing! Either that, or she does things often enough that she knows exactly when to apologize! :)

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Thats awesome! I can't believe how grown up she looks!

Lauren B. said...

That is so cute! Those will be some good memories some day!