Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Broken Window?!?

On Saturday morning I was awakened by a loud crashing sound that scared me a lot. I immediately woke up Andrew and asked if he had heard it. He is more of a sound sleeper than me and heard nothing. I made him go look and see what had made the sound. Andrew wandered around the house and saw nothing out of the ordinary. I told him it had sounded like the skylight cover in the bathroom crashing on the floor. He inspected the bathroom, but nothing was out of place. We went about our daily activities and I continued to search for anything broken, because I sure didn't imagine such a sound.

Later that afternoon Andrew went to take a shower and as he stepped in he yelled because something had cut his foot. He couldn't figure out what had made him start bleeding. He started searching a bit harder and come to find out it was a piece of glass. Now he was wondering where does a piece of glass come from in the shower until he looked up and solved the crashing sound mystery. The bathroom window was broken! It is double-paned and only the inside pane was broken. How in the world does a window randomly break? I have no idea, but at least I am not crazy and hearing things.


3 comments:

Mick and Tiff said...

That is crazy!! At first I thought it was the pane to outside and that would be scary but inside, I have no clue how that could happen!!

Heather said...

That is definitely a mystery. That has got to be the craziest story I have heard of. Does your dad know why in the world the inside would break like that? I hope Andrew's foot is okay. That made my foot hurt thinking about it.

Lauren B. said...

That is really crazy and a little spooky. I hope your hubby's foot is okay!