Wednesday, October 5, 2011

St. George Marathon

I did it, I actually ran 26.2 miles in 4 hours and 10 minutes.  It is insane.  And so exciting.  Mostly insane, I think.  Since May 7, 2011 it has been in the back of my mind and now that it is over, I just keep thinking "I can't believe it is over!"  The training was hard, but I loved it and am grateful for the friends who were willing to run with me at odd times and long distances.  I thought for sure I would run one and be done, but I have an inkling that I may do another marathon sometime in the future.  It was such a great experience and one I will never forget.  I am glad Andrew pushed me to do a marathon and that my friend Janell signed up for a marathon so that I would feel the pressure to sign up too!

9 comments:

Shawn said...

so amazing!! and you look soooo good!!!

Shawn said...

that was laura ... haha :)

Natalie said...

You are inspiring! Way. To. Go!!!!

Jill said...

You are awesome!!

stephanie said...

You look AMAZING. Did you really just run 26.2 miles? I'm not sure I would have any energy left to smile!!

Amanda said...

All I can say is WOW!! You are amazing, CONGRATULATIONS that is one awesome accomplishment!! :)

Peay Family said...

Hey speedster! Thanks again for sticking to the whole marathon thing so that I would feel compelled to do it too!! So how about Ogden Marathon next?

Jenny said...

Great job Anna! And you still had energy to hold your child, wow! Did you go home and crash? Great job!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm Heather's sister-- I stalked your blog. :) Well done on the marathon! I just did the Halloween Half and feel accomplished, but sore. I don't think I will ever have the desire to do a full marathon. I admire people like you! Keep it up.