Saturday, June 12, 2010

Utah Valley Half Marathon

This morning I ran my first half marathon and loved it! We loaded the bus about 3:45 am and got to the starting point around 4:30 am. The race was to start at 5:30, but ended up starting at about 5:45 am. It was raining and quite chilly but once I started running it didn't seem to bother me as much. I still find it funny that I had to wear gloves and ear warmers in the middle of June! My sister ran it as well and we had a good time. At about mile 11 my knee started killing me, but I figured "no pain, no gain" so I pushed through and finished! I'm glad I took on this challenge and accomplished it ... I'm even considering doing another one but I'll think about that when I can actually walk up the stairs without squealing from pain :)

5 comments:

Warner said...

yay!!! you did SOOOOO good!! i am seriously impressed!! and you look good after your race :) glad you were able to do it with your sister!! and i LOVE your bathing suit in the next post!!! WOW you look smokin' !!and i also LOVE addie's bathing suit!! soooo cute! where did you find it?! and is izze's the same? did you get yours at that lime ricky place? i checked it out after you told me and they are super cute.. too bad i have already bought 4 new bathing suits this season already :) oops ! haha :) love ya!!

Jill said...

I am so proud of you for doing a half marathon. Good for you for pushing through the pain!! I have a lot to learn from you!! BTW I totally agree with Laura about your swimsuit. You do look smokin'!! I hope you are well otherwise.

Bundy Family said...

Way to go! That is such a great accomplishment.

Jess said...

NICE WORK ANNA!!!!

kim said...

Nice job! Way to push through the pain. Will you do a full now?