Monday, August 25, 2008

Paint and Mimi's

While I was up visiting my family a few weeks ago, Andrew was busy doing projects of his own. When we got home he surprised us with a new paint job in Addie's room. We had discussed wanting to paint it before I left, but I had no idea he was going to do it all on his own. He picked out the colors and figured out the design himself, I think he did a great job. I am glad I didn't have to help too.
Addie has become quite attached to her mimi's-that is what she calls her binkis-so I decided she can only have them at naptime and bedtime. She is learning when she wakes up she has to throw them in the crib. I did not teach her the throwing game, she came up with it on her own. Addie likes to sneak into her room and get one out of the crib occasionally, but when she is caught she knows to throw it back in her crib. Today as I was cleaning up I found her in her crib laying down on her pillow just so she could have a binki. She found a way to climb in her crib for the binki, lovely.

15 comments:

Bundy Family said...

Andrew did such a great job! I should have him come over to my house and help me pick colors. What a cute room.

Brad and Kaci said...

Holy cow! Andrew did an amazing job. I have to come and check this out in person!!!! See you soon.

Jill said...

love the paint job!!!Good Job Andrew. Good luck with the whole binki thing.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Next time we need to paint I guess we'll just call Drew!!! Love it. One thing we don't have to worry about are binkis. Olivia never used one.

Jess said...

Oh my heavens, Addie is just too funny! Andrew did a great job painting her room!

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

Oh my holy stink!! I love it!! Way to go ANDREW:)

neil and aubs said...

Addie's room turned out so cute! We will be coming over to see this!

Mick and Tiff said...

That room is AMAZING!!! Is Andrew for hire? How cool. And your stories about Addie makes me think we have the same child. I mean we did name them the same. Maybe there is more to that. Addy does the same thing. (except for calling them mimi's but that is soo cute!)

stephanie said...

Awesome paint job, Andrew!! I love it! And I love that Addie can climb INTO her crib.

The Sants said...

I'm impressed he did a great job! Hey Kenyan and I are headed down your way next weekend to get away to celebrate our anniversary. :) Email me your number so if we get a chance we can stop by and see you!

Peay Family said...

It looks totally professional. I am super impressed, kudos to Andrew.

Heather said...

Wow, I love how he painted her room. It sounds like he could do pretty good being a painter. I think that just by looking at this blog he would get quite a few clients! Oh, and I do have to say that you have one of the funniest little girls ever!

Warner said...

that is so cute that she decided it was worth hanging out in her crib so she could have her mimi :) she's so cute!

Karley said...

Wow, Anna-that is really funny. These two year olds are smarter then we give them credit for. We finally threw Austin's bottle away a couple weeks ago. Actually we let her do it-and believe it or not she has never asked for them once. She is on the road to being a big girl. By the way the room looks awesome.

The Gag-nears said...

Wow- Drew has so much talent! Totally reminds me of the coffee table he randomly built for you guys in Aggie Village - it was amazing! do you still have it? I am sure it will last forever. I love the pink and brown for little girls - Lily's room is done in pink and brown but the paint job isn't nearly as cute! She is lucky to have such amazing parents!