Monday, January 7, 2008

War Wounds

Addie is finally learning to walk on her own. She will take a few steps on her own and then lose her balance and fall over. It is really fun to watch her progress. Yesterday at church we were in the foyer, because she is impossible to keep still. With all of the room she went to town on practicing her walking skills. There was a group of us cheering her on, quietly of course. Addie was on her longest run yet on her way to the glass doors when she lost her balance and went face first into the door frame. When I picked her she had a few scratches on her face, so I thought oh not too bad. She was crying hard though and a few seconds later here came the blood. She has two cuts below her eye, but she was tough and wanted to get down and play some more. I had to document her first of many, I'm sure, war wounds.




6 comments:

Lynndi said...

Poor thing. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it. She looks so happy with that big smile.

Mick and Tiff said...

Anna,
I saw your blog through Jennifer's blog. That is so fun. I have one too! Mine is private so I will have to send you an invite. Email me at tiffanysimmons_@hotmail.com I have a little girl also and her name is Addy also (but with a Y). How fun!
Tiffany (Astle) Simmons

Jenny said...

Don't you hate to see your children get hurt, but they bounce back so quickly, more so than I would! It's so fun when they learn to walk, but watch out, she'll be into everything, more so than now!!

Bruce and Zalia said...

Those are some great parenting skills. So, what I want to know is, who were you talking to while you let your daughter walk into a glass door?

Peay Family said...

She looks proud of her scars! What a cutie!

Heather said...

Hi Anna!! It's been a long time. I saw that you had made a comment on Jennifer's blog so I asked her if it was you. She never told me but then I noticed that Tiffany had you linked on hers so now I know it is you! Your little Addie is so cute, even with her battle wounds. Parker has had some pretty good ones but he seems to get them right before we are taking professional pictures or something! Anyway, I'm glad you have a blog now so I can keep in contact with you and your little family. I hope that you don't mind that I am linking your blog to mine. My blog is heather-jason-family.blogspot.com.
Talk to ya later,
Heather (Astle) Scott