Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Little Miss Independent

For breakfast I feed Addie a yogurt and then she eats a banana on her own. Yesterday she decided it was time for her to feed herself the yogurt. I have been teaching her to stab food with a fork and feed herself so she knows what to do, but usually she lets me get the food ready and then hand her the utensil. I gave her the spoon with the yogurt and she put it in her mouth, but when I went to take the spoon back she would not give it up for anything. Addie proceeded to cry her eyes out until I handed her the yogurt container, she stopped crying immediately. She then dipped the spoon in, got some yogurt, and put the spoon in her mouth. It was fun to watch her and she wasn't too bad, although the pictures may show otherwise.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Just wait until they have to do absolutely everything by themselves. Parker has to eat on big plates, with big cups and silverware and he has to cut things up. His favorite thing to do is "help" me cook. It takes me a lot longer to cook with my little helper!!!

Unknown said...

I've heard that yogurt is wonderful for the skin!

Warner said...

that is the cutest thing ever! you must be so proud of your little mess maker :)