Friday, July 31, 2009

Surprise!

Wednesday morning, July 29, I was awakened by the sensation of wetting the bed (sorry to be so honest) and then I remembered I was pregnant and realized that my water just may have broken. Upon further investigation and an amount of shock I realized I would have a little baby by the end of the day. The day before Andrew kept telling me the baby was going to come that day and I ignored him saying she isn't due for two more weeks and I have way too much to do before she comes still. Apparently she wasn't listening and had her own time schedule. We woke up Addie and took her to Laura's house who was so nice to watch her all day--thank you!!! Upon arriving at the hospital they had to confirm that it was really my water that broke-for some reason they didn't think I knew what I was talking about...once that was over the contractions were pretty much unbearable and the rest is history. Izze Reia was born at 10:46 am weighing 8 lbs 5 oz (same as Addie) and 20 inches long. It's crazy to think she is already here, but it is so fun and exhausting. Addie loves being the big sister and is constantly trying to help out with Izze. I am currently suffering from lack of sleep as Izze has her days and nights mixed up, so I hope this made some sort of sense.

26 comments:

neil and aubs said...

Little Izze is beautiful! Congratulations!

Jill said...

hooray! You get a new baby and you don't have to pregnant anymore! What a great surprise!

Wendy said...

Congratulations. Izze is beautiful. What a wonderful surprise!

Warner said...

we are so excited little izze is here!! she is soooo darling!!! i can't wait to hold her!!! they get so big so fast... savor it!! although the bonus of them getting bigger is they let you sleep more :)

Jess said...

She's perfect! Congratulations!

Ken, Julia, Rue, & Atlas too! said...

So So Beautiful!! I can't wait to see and hold her either. I know I'm inexperienced, but I promise not to drop her.

Zalia said...

I'm impressed that you are already posting about the excitement in your home...Mom must be there or something!

The Leithead Family said...

What a beautiful baby girl! Congratulations!! I love her name - different and lovely. :)

Mandi said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!! So glad everything went so well. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Another incredibly cute Jensen girl! Anna, you look way too good in that picture for just having a baby.

Unknown said...

Anna & Andrew..she is precious. sorry for the lack of sleep..it will get better. can't wait to hold her. congrats!

Peay Family said...

Congratulations, that is so awesome!! I hope mine comes two weeks early too, I am so done being pregnant.

Jerry and Kathryn said...

She is so cute! Love the pictures.

Jenny said...

Yay, congratulations!! I am so happy for your little family. Hope you're getting some rest! By the way, we just found out last Friday we're having a girl too!!

Jennifer said...

Congrats! So excited for you guys.

Lynndi said...

Congrats!! I am glad all went well. I love her name. She is such a pretty baby. I hope you get some sleep soon. I will admit that my little one is 3 months old now and I am still longing for more sleep. Hang in there.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I love her! Shes so cute. I can only pray that mine comes 2 weeks early!!!

Heather said...

Congratulations on wetting the bed!!! Just kidding. That is pretty funny. They had to break my water when I went in the hospital to have Parker and I didn't feel it because I think I had my epidural by then. She is a cutie! You are lucky she came early if she was still 8 pounds. Good luck with the whole sleeping thing!

Bundy Family said...

She is so cute. She suprized us all! I love her name.

Kim C. said...

Julie told me she came early. Congrats! She is beautiful!

Our Family said...

She's adorable and you look great Anna!

alisa said...

hi...this is your cousin Alisa. Jamie directed me to your blog. I am soooo happy for you. Your family is adorable. Sure wish we lived closer. Congratulations!

lynburbidge said...

Congratulations!! She is so sweet! I'm jealous that you get to be done...

Lauren B. said...

Congrats!! Both girls are beautiful!

The Gag-nears said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and what a cute name. Lucky to have your water break. That is awesome! We miss you guys and wish you luck with two!

The Sants said...

Congratulations! (Sorry, I'm a little late....I haven't been on the blog lately!) She is adorable!