Monday, July 14, 2008

Computer blues and the Croup

Over the weekend our computer decided it wanted to stop working and so it did. It just started randomly restarting itself and taking forever to boot up. Luckily Andrew has some mad computer skills and so he is getting to the bottom of the problem. It is still out of commission for the most part, but he thinks he found the problem, faulty memory, or so he thinks. We'll see in the upcoming days.

Starting last week Addie was running a slight fever and seemed more lugubrious than usual. Then she would perk up and seem fine and so we didn't think too much about it. On Saturday afternoon she developed a smoker's voice and a slight raspy cough. What was most unusual however is the fact that she would lay on the bed or the ground and watch a whole episode on the Disney Channel. If you know Addie you know she doesn't sit still for anything for longer than ten minutes. We took her to the doctor this morning and he diagnosed her with the croup after hearing her cough once. I should have held her up to the phone and saved myself a copay since it is a virus which means no antibiotics. I have watched more Disney Channel this weekend than I care to admit, but I must confess I am a total Hannah Montana fan and want to thank Disney Channel personally for having a marathon of it on last night. The one plus to Addie being sick is she takes super long naps, I have so much time I don't know what to do with myself, too bad the computer is busted or I could get some stuff done. Better go see what is on Disney Channel now...I can only hope it is "Hannah Montana".

8 comments:

Jess said...

Poor girl! Not fun... for you or her. Hope things get better soon. Good luck! If there's anything I can do for you, let me know.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Poor baby!! I'm sad she is so sick. Olivia has a cold right now too. I have green snot on all of my clothes its great. You're brave to admitt to liking Hanah Montana. Enjoy the long naps while they last!!

Mick and Tiff said...

Hannah Montana is a fun show to get addicted to. Marcus LOVES that show. He was probably watching that marathon right along with you.

Poor Addie needs to get better. That is not fun for either of you. I could send some of my projects down your way for all that spare time with the napping :) ha ha

Mick and Tiff said...

Hannah Montana is a fun show to get addicted to. Marcus LOVES that show. He was probably watching that marathon right along with you.

Poor Addie needs to get better. That is not fun for either of you. I could send some of my projects down your way for all that spare time with the napping :) ha ha

Lauren B. said...

Your post made me laugh! Poor little Addie. I hope she is feeling better.

I for one have never seen Hannah Montana and probably never will since I only have boys. Good thing I get to watch lots of Diego and power rangers and stuff like that!

P.S. I hope your computer feels better too!

Michelle said...

At least when Addie gets sick she gets tired and will lay down to rest and not just be grumpy. Hope she is feeling better!

Warner said...

lugubrious? wow big word! i am glad she is starting to feel better but every once in a while i do love a sick snuggly baby :)

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to hear addie was sick. that is the worst. i hope she is doing better. we need to have you guys over and you can look at that fhe stuff...do you have a day that works good for you during the week? give me a call..